Monday, April 20, 2020

Megahex Review

                                                
megahex comic
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis: Megahex is a stoner comedy graphic novel from Fantagraphics Books revolving around witch and cat couple Megg and Mogg and their roommate Owl who is always an unfortunate victim of the duo's mishaps and pranks.


My Thoughts: There is a gallimaufry of adjectives I can use to describe this book including absurd, ribald, repulsive, surreal, and wholly twisted which is not holy at all (pun fully intended). Judging from my description, one might assume I disliked it and inadvertently rated four-stars when I really intended to give it one or two. However, in the reality, I found the weird admixture of surrealism, blue and black humor a wild, hysterical romp which was the most I've laughed at a graphic novel in a while to the point I had to restrain my laughter before the other customers at my local book store thought I was a madman. The art was colorful and psychedelic like many stoners comics. That being said, as gut-busting, as this book was for me, I would not recommend it to someone who is easily grossed out or offended by off-color and gallows comedy and advice not to think too deeply about some of the sketchy content depicted here since quite a bit of the comics were pretty disturbing.
 

Final Thoughts: Overall, Megahex is a crazy, screwed up acid trip worth getting high on if you're into dark surreal humor which will induce uncontrolled laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to be respectful of each other's opinions. Any hateful or defamatory comments will be removed.