Monday, April 27, 2020

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1 Review


chi's sweet home volume 1
Rating: 2/5

Synopsis: Chi's Sweet Home Volume 1 revolves around the titular kitten's various escapades in the city and at home.


My Thoughts: In spite of my enjoyment of cute and innocuous tales, this one was merely middling for me. Unlike many of the other cute graphic novels I've read (such as Hilda or Raina Telemeiger works), this one seems to thrive exclusively off the cuteness factor in lieu of a mixture of world-building and character development which would make the work worth looking deeper into. That being said, I certainly can see the type of people who watch cat videos on Youtube instantly devouring this manga series up like a smorgasbord of dishes from an all-you-can-eat international buffet. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you perceive it), I'm just not one of those people.

Final Thoughts: Even though I found Chi's meh, I'm sure you'll get a blush and an elongated smile out of this if you're a cat person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to be respectful of each other's opinions. Any hateful or defamatory comments will be removed.