Friday, April 24, 2020

Adventure Time Vol. 15 Review

adventure time vol 15
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis: In the 15th volume of the Adventure Time comics, after Princess Bubblegum finds a treasure map, she launches a hot air balloon race in search of the treasure. The race is divided into two teams, males (Finn, Jake, BMO and a mysterious guy named Stanley Nougat) and females (PB, Marceline, and Lumpy Space Princess).


My Thoughts: For me, this volume was the jolly, lighted-hearted fun you would expect to see out of the first 3-4ish seasons of the show (this, in no way, is a criticism of the later seasons). The art and dialogue were as goofy and surreal much like the cartoon. However, that bit where the aging margarine turned Finn into an old curmudgeon worried me. Not because I was afraid of Finn permanently remaining in that state but because I fear Finn will devolve from an adventurous person to the crabby codger we saw this book when he really grows older into his dotage years. Leaving my personal agitations aside, the sole issue I had with the trade paperback was Princess Turtle's constant word definition footnotes. While many of them were amusing to read through, others felt overly didactic, making ever more evident the primary target audience is children.

Final Thoughts: I recommend this volume to an Adventure Time fan who enjoyed any of the previous entries in the comic series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to be respectful of each other's opinions. Any hateful or defamatory comments will be removed.