Saturday, April 25, 2020

Saga, Vol. 7

saga vol 7
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis: In the seventh volume of Brian K. Vaughan's bestselling series Saga, Hazel and the rest of the family end up moving to a war-ridden comet where they meet new individuals.


My Thoughts: I must admit when I first read Saga, I found it underwhelming in juxtaposition to Brian's other works such as Y: The Last Man and even Paper Girls which contained more sophisticated social commentary and satire than this series which initially came across as a typical romantic space opera mixed in with family drama and random surreal imagery to hide the trite nature of the plot. In other words, I did not understand why Saga was one of Brian's most popular and critically acclaimed work. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it enough to give the rest of the series a try and I must say that the more I read it, the more the characters' dynamics and personalities grew into me leading up to this volume which is my favorite by far. As several of the reviewers here pointed out, Vol. 7 is an emotional roller coaster which will likely bring a tear to your eye by the time you finish reading it as you see some of your favorite characters meet a tragic fate. For me, it took me from just liking Saga to loving it.

Final Thoughts: Saga Vol. 7 is a humdinger of an epic tragedy rife with pathos worth trudging your way through the previous volumes to for Brian K. Vaughan and general readers alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to be respectful of each other's opinions. Any hateful or defamatory comments will be removed.